XTech SEO focused Landing Pages and Custom WordPress Plugin
Product Genre: Marketing
Web Technology Tools: WordPress, PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML5, jQuery
The Team: 1 Developer, Sara
The Project: Sara created 20 Landing Pages ultimately had the following:
- Slug with the name of the city in it
- A local phone number (most, not all)
- A local address (most, not all)
- A banner image of a downtown scene from the town
- SEO Title, Description and Keywords
- Unique Rich Text Schema Markup including social media links, location info, reviews written in JSON
- The text on a given page was relatively unique compared to the other landing pages
- A “Lead Intake” form that was custom written by me as an HTML5 form and made into a plugin with a shortcode for easy page duplication and form updates.
- A Google Map embed with location identified
- Updated Keywords, Titles, and Descriptions for SEO
She also wrote a basic HTML5 form for XTech’s Business Tracking System, so that new leads from the website would generate a form in the Business Tracking System, named Tracker. Half of this work was following Tracker’s API docs, the other half was building out components in HTML5.
The simple plugin had 3 files, a main.php and 2 template files, suffixed with lg or sm since that was the difference. In the main.php file, it has a function that builds the shortcode with attributes [large/small], depending on if the passed attribute is large or small includes the appropriate static template file, and the form is displayed.